Lead Mechanical Design Engineer – EV Systems - Newcastle Upon Tyne - £ Exceptional DOE
A Lead Mechanical Design Engineer is required for a highly respected and innovative engineering consultancy. Our client uses expert knowledge to design and manufacture electric drive technologies. This position will lead the mechanical design and development for electric vehicle systems across a wide range of sectors including prestige passenger car, aerospace, commercial vehicle, off-highway and agriculture applications.
As Lead Mechanical Design Engineer – EV Systems - you will be required to
- Specify, design and simulate new transmission and drivetrain technologies including motor drive integration.
- Demonstrate a respected understanding of electric motor and inverter development and the associated mechanical analysis and simulation techniques.
- Lead design for manufacture review of new and existing designs.
- Lead prototype and production build programmes
- Approve drawing issue and Engineering Change Requests.
As Lead Mechanical Design Engineer – EV Systems - you will have
- Experience working with academic and industrial partners in multi-disciplinary projects and delivering on time and on budget to a demonstrable high standard.
- Strong product development skills with the ability to propose ideas and get engagement from both industry and academia.
- Experience of presenting to industry peers.
- Strong technical and leadership qualities, and technical credibility within the electrification community.
- Strong analytical skills with an eye for detail
- Ability to work in cross-business teams and build a rapport with individuals from a variety of backgrounds
- Financial and business acumen.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work to tight deadlines in a high-pressure environment
What you will get:
- An exceptional salary and benefits package, whilst working on exciting and dynamic projects.
Suitably qualified and experienced Mechanical Design Engineers should apply today by contacting Paul Robson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment +44(0)1384 446146 or by emailing their CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.