Job title: Lead Design Engineer (Interior Trim / Moulded Components)
Location: South West
Automotive, CAD, Design, Development, Trim, DVP, CAE, VAVE
A Lead Engineer is required with knowledge of interior trim or injection moulded components. Candidates with experience of any injection moulded products (automotive, aerospace, motorsport, consumer products, etc.) with a creative approach would be well received.
Due to the development of a new state of the art vehicle, this company, a technology leader and pioneering company based in South West requires a creative and innovative Lead Engineer with experience of delivering relevant Automotive component/system within OEM/Tier 1. As a Lead Engineer you will be required to:
- Deliver trim projects from initial concept through to production.
- Team Management / Supervision / recruitment and mentoring.
- Champion great design to produce seating that meets all performance and functional criteria.
- Applying problem solving techniques to support the vision specification for new product concepts.
- Participate and lead brainstorms and gather research to support new product concepts.
- Work with research teams to integrate and develop new technology research into final design.
- Take an active, hands-on role to ensure that all engineering problems are resolved.
- Use established development processes, good engineering practice and discipline to deliver robust design solutions to agreed timescales.
- Communicate cross functionally to ensure effective and timely input.
- Prepare for (and participate in when required) design reviews with Design Managers and Concept Design Director as required.
- Degree Qualified within a relevant Automotive / Engineering discipline.
- Specialist in seating - experience overseeing full lifecycle from concept to production.
- Proven project management experience demonstrated by recent delivery, on time & to budget.
- Proven track record of managing resource.
- Experience in mechanical engineering, mechanisms, structures.
- Experience of safety systems and their interaction with seating.
- Understanding of electrical interfaces.
- Experience of supplier management with Tier 1 or Tier 2 suppliers.
- Proven ability to communicate through 2D & 3D media such as sketching, CAD, model making, surface modelling.
- Sound knowledge manufacturing techniques, engineering standards, International regulations and Requirements: DFM, Validation, PLM, DFMEA etc
- A good balance of practical and theoretical skills; calculations from first principles; prototype rig building and industry test methods to analyse the design.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Design Engineer to join a company enjoying huge expansion and develop their career. In return for their experience, this South West-based innovative automotive company will offer you:
- great basic salary plus bonus and benefits
- an excellent working environment that focuses on innovation and creativity
- Career progression and development
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of delivering design programs within the Automotive arena and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about this role, please contact Chiara Caterisano at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446157 or email