£30.17 - 30.17 per hour
about 1 month ago
Title: Lead Engineer, Exterior Ornamentation - 37203
Division: Body Engineering
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
Rate: up to £30.17/hour Ltd (c£23.27/hour PAYE option)
Lead Engineer, Exterior Ornamentation (Component and Systems Hardware). Required to coordinate the design, development, testing and introduction of Exterior Ornamentation components.
Operating in a cross-functional organisation, Lead Engineers will report into the relevant Group Leaders and, where delivering on specific vehicle programmes, have an additional matrix report into Module Leaders.
The role requires the individual to deliver the commodity plan to quality, cost and time whilst leading the release & validation activities across specific programmes
- Injection Moulding + Tool Feasibility
- Previous knowledge and experience of Engineering injection moulded components with the ability to understand tooling feasibility constraints and apply them to the part's design "Geometrical Integration"
- Demonstratable ability to use 3D CAD tools to analyse and review virtual models and their interfaces to surrounding parts.
- Having proven experience of Engineering delivery primarily in new tool items with solid understanding of a well
- Engineered product including specifications, good Engineering practise, testing, evidence & adherence to timeline.
- Experience of managing complex projects with multiple cross functional stakeholders.
- Experience of leading the resolution of business, technical and process issues within a project team environment.
- Experience of product creation & delivery, change control, product definition and change management processes.
- Problem Solving Understanding & working knowledge of problem solving tools and techniques including 8D, DMAIC, cause & effect & risk management.
- Previous experience within engineering or programme planning departments.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with strong influencing and engagement skills.
- Resilient and enthusiastic, an individual able to deliver results under pressure, whilst responding constructively to new ideas and inputs.
- Ability to create CAD models would be advantageous
- Experience or qualifications in Six Sigma would be ideal
- A dynamic and determined individual, highly driven, committed and results-orientated with significant pace, energy and confidence.
- Able to combine a short term, pragmatic focus with strategic vision.
- Able to deliver quality and consistency in a complex, highly demanding environment with a range of expectations on what customer-focussed solutions might look like.
- Methodical, considered, data driven, resilient, strong under pressure.
- Thinks about the solutions and offers options & recommendation
- Ability & willingness to work from multiple locations as required
Degree or relevant equivalent experience preferred.
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.