about 2 months ago
Lead Controls Engineer – Advanced Engines – Sussex / Remote working - £ Highly Competitive DOE
Our client is developing a novel high efficiency / low pollution engine for heavy duty transport and power. This innovative solution is attracting huge interest as an environmentally positive and practical solution to future emissions legislation. The company is now running prototype hardware and has well-funded and ambitious plans to rapidly industrialise the technology.
The company must now deliver a fast-paced program of prototype development and application, and this will be achieved by a mix of in-house teams and outsourcing to specialist engineering suppliers. The role will lead control aspects of both.
As Lead Controls Engineer – You will be required to
- Hold technical responsibility for engine control, sensors and actuators
- Apply off-the-shelf supplier solutions and, where required, develop novel approaches in-house or with suppliers
- Specify requirements of controller architectures and the delivery program
- Build supplier relationships and, when appropriate, an in-house team
- Select the hardware platform and toolset; delivery of a calibrated control system
- Reporting of technical progress and risk
- Day to day management of suppliers and programme partners as appropriate
- Support the Technical Director and Chief Engineers to actively manage programme risk and forward planning of work and resource
As Lead Controls Engineer – You will be
- A hands-on and experienced controls and electronics engineer, who can demonstrate a successful track record in the delivery of challenging engine control solutions
- Be fluent in engine and engine systems technology and engineering
- Strong familiarity with ECU, sensor and actuator hardware and the associated supply chain.
- Have SME and / or start up experience and attracted by the unique challenges of a small business
Suitably qualified and experienced candidatesshould apply today by contacting Paul Robson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment +44(0)1384 446146 or by emailing their CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.