£30.17 - 30.17 per hour
about 1 month ago
Title: Lead Engineer - Closures - 37204 / 37205
Division: Body Engineering
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
Rate: - up to £30.17/hour Ltd (c£23.27/hour PAYE option)
Closures - Lead Engineer
Looking for a driven self-starter with a passion for the automotive industry and the potential of automotive technology.
- Experience of developing automotive/aerospace closures components (Tailgate, Doors, Bonnet experience)
- Able to generate and interpret 2D sections and 3D system geometry using Catia.
- Experience of managing design and development activities with external suppliers to a programme timeline
- Previous experience of leading the resolution of business, technical and process issues within a Project Team environment.
- A good working knowledge of product creation & delivery, change control, product definition and change management processes.
- Knowledge of automotive closure systems, plastics, rubbers, composites or BIW.
- Able to create 2D sections and 3D geometry using Catia V5/V6/TCE/Digibuck.
- Awareness of GD&T application
- Experience in kinematic systems
- Driving Licence
- Holds a customer first mindset- is easy to do business with and makes people feel special, driven to deliver experiences that are personalised, transparent and dependable.
- Works independently, is results driven, demonstrating tenacity, drive and perseverance with the ability to deliver operational plans in a complex, highly demanding environment.
- Capability to combine a short term, pragmatic focus with medium term planning Resilient and enthusiastic -responds constructively to new ideas and inputs
- A good communicator with the ability to communicate complex ideas
- An effective team player, actively develops, cross functionally challenges, and supports team members
- Systems Engineering knowledge
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with influencing and engagement skills
- Previous experience within automotive engineering department
- Knowledge of aerodynamic principles
- Ability to challenge existing thinking in a positive way whilst building credibility and trust through experience and personal style
Relevant Degree or Engineering qualification
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.