£31 - £32 per hour
over 2 years ago
A Lead Engineer in Climate Control is required to work for a leading automotive OEM based in Gaydon, Warwickshire.
The purpose of this role is to coordinate the design, development, testing and introduction of new Climate systems and components or commodities. Operating in a cross-functional organisation, Lead Engineers will report into the Module Leaders, with an additional matrix report into Group Leaders. The role requires the individual to deliver the commodity to quality, cost and time and lead on the technical content and integrity of specific components and systems across specific programmes
Key Performance Indicators
- The design and development of Climate components, supporting programmes achieving PSW (Part Submission Warrant) in line with the programme timing.
- Be responsible for the for delivering Cost and Weight targets as well in line with Programme requirements
- Meet Virtual and Physical Build and Verification Gateways
- Integrate Climate System technologies into programme applications with Electrical systems support.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Deliver the commodity plan to quality, cost and time, including maintaining the Worldwide Engineering Release System (WERS)
- Own and deliver the Engineering Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) deliverables
- Manage Change Request, expenditure forecasting and the relevant supplier teams in support of delivery of the programme milestones
- Manage component test plans, including detailed planning of test and development stages through to sign off and support Engineering test teams with rectification of issues
- Resolve issues with component engineering and vehicle attribute teams to develop designs that meet targets
- Ensure all appropriate standards are met through-out design maturation
- Provide input into new feature development
- Ensure all programme design solutions meet:
- Programme targets for cost and weight
- Legal regulations and Requirements Management & Design Verification documentation
- DFMEA requirements
- GRADE and EMC requirements
- Keep all Module documentation up to date including:
- Meeting minutes
- Programme DFMEA documents
- Evidence Based Design Review minutes
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Previous experience of leading the resolution of business, technical and process issues within a Project Team environment
- A good working knowledge of product creation & delivery, change control, product definition and change management processes
- Degree or relevant equivalent experience preferred
- Previous experience in Body Engineering / Climate Systems environment would be beneficial but not essential. Candidate must have experience of project management, ideally encompassing work with suppliers or other external organisations.
- Automotive Experience with OEM or Climate Supplier for at least 5 yrs.
- A good understanding of the Foundation and Design FMEA process, Design Verification (efDVS/RMDV), and AIMS processes are required in conjunction with experience of Forward Model Quality strategies.
- An understanding of Engineering Standards and Test Procedures would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of CATIA (Version 5), TCe and Digibuck, to be able to view and interrogate geometry, will be a considered a advantage for this position.
- The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate a logical and methodical approach to component applications, verification and validation.
- A passion for the automotive industry and the potential of automotive technology
- Strong project management capabilities with the ability to multitask
- Comfortable challenging cross-functionally and at a variety of levels within the business
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role. To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship.
To apply for this role please contact Rachel Meacham.