Competitive Plus Benefits
2 months ago
Job title: Lead Engineer (Chassis)
Salary Range: Competitive plus Benefits
Chassis, Suspension, Design, Development, CAD, CAE, Lead, Programme, Automotive, EV
A Lead Engineer (Chassis) is required with knowledge in the design and development of chassis systems and associated products. Candidates with experience of the automotive industry would be well received.
Due to the development of a new vehicle this company, a world class innovator of full vehicle programs based in the Coventry area requires a forward thinking and proactive Lead Engineer (Chassis) who has led and delivered chassis projects from concept for a new permanent role. As a Lead Engineer (Chassis) you will be required to:
- Lead the design and development of chassis and suspension systems for various new vehicle platforms for the successful and timely delivery of outputs from the project and other related activities in the field outlined.
- Actively participate in decision making and planning reviews to ensure timely delivery of the programmes to the benefit of internal parties and external collaborators.
- Provide specialist technical leadership in the field of vehicle design.
- Represent the client as a credible authority on system design and development with current and future collaborative partners.
- Be responsible for the analysis, test and development activities for the technical area both externally and in the project workshops.
- Work with Principal Engineers to determine the systems strategy and create a successful plan of work for each vehicle platform.
- Disseminate project output using appropriate tools such as project reports, presentations and other suitable methods.
- Manage a small team of customer engineers, providing supervision, mentoring and support.
The Lead Engineer (Chassis) should have the following skills or experience:
- Technical leadership in chassis systems design and development.
- Liaising directly with industrial partners to understand project requirements to enable continuous improvements.
- Managing to a high standard large, multi-disciplined, complex technical and commercial activities in the technical area, presenting technical reports to collaborative partners.
- Ability to lead design and development of vehicle chassis and suspension systems.
- Understand the capabilities of battery and high voltage electrical system specialist equipment and software that can be found within the automotive industry.
- The ability to identify and apply new areas of innovation and research to products.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of leading chassis design and development programs seeking to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Coventry based Automotive company will offer you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Opportunity to work on new vehicle development programs from concept having the ability to influence design and development of chassis and suspension systems.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have previous lead the design and development of chassis and suspensions systems and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Lead engineer (Chassis) role, please contact Mark Bignell at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446167 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.