]The Vehicle Engineering team is one of the most experienced of its type in the UK and has the knowledge and talent to hold its own against the best body engineers anywhere in the world. From iconic body styling to interior detail, from doors and windows to whole cabin systems, everything about our vehicles has to be perfect. It is what customers expect from a luxury brand. It's what this team makes happen.
Join them, and you'll help us to stay at the forefront of vehicle innovation and research, and to build on our position as a highly competitive brand in a highly competitive marketplace.
Body Structures are responsible for the design and development of the Body less doors, which include Body Pressings, castings, extrusions and body sealing media for all Jaguar Land Rover models. It also manages the component and prototype supplier base to ensure timing & project control is maintained.
As Lead Engineer for Body in White Service you'll work with Technical Specialists, Project Engineers, and the Service Department to agree the content of the bodyshell service repair schemes for new and current products.
To apply for this position you will require:
- Experience assess the joining technologies used in aftermarket by vehicle programmes and develop joint maps that support the development of procedures and joining tests.
- Ability to support the development of the body structure joining strategy, from initial concept design throughout to Job 1 implementation.
- Experience with supplier interaction, design reviews and on plant support.
- Proven experience and knowledge of managing complex projects and problems in Body In White (BIW) structures, materials, joining technologies and manufacturing processes
- Knowledge of production and aftermarket joining technologies, repair processes, equipment and skills
- Able to demonstrate strong communication and data analysis skills.
- Experience of problem solving tools (FMEA, PPS (8D)) and knowledge of CATIA V5 would be beneficial.