Lead Engineer (Body Engineering) - 35246 - up to £25.45/hr
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
This position presents an exciting opportunity to become part of a unique and evolving department within Body Engineering, developing advanced feature strategies and leading content delivery across many programs.
In this role you will be exposed to a variety of components, systems, suppliers and cross PD functions, playing a key part in driving robustness and quality into the cabin systems team. Reporting to the departmental Group Leader and/or Programme Module Leader within Cabin area, the Lead Engineer will potentially work across all of the cabin commodities.
- Lead definition & design activities from PS through to Job 1, managing the Module Business Teams and interfacing with engineering, purchase, programme team, marketing and manufacturing functions, plus tier 1 and tier 2 suppliers.
- Management of and liaise with other adjacent stakeholders and functions, including suppliers, to ensure system compatibility issues are resolved according to cost and time targets.
- Support system strategy development for components and features.
- Develop and maintain local processes and metrics.
- Delivery of the Body Engineering functional scorecard.
3 KEY SKILLS
- Project Management skills, delivery of project from concept to full production.
- Knowledge of component design principles including component production techniques such as injection and compression moulding
- Good communication & systems engineering skills approach to project development.
- Be capable of engineering complex parts and / or assemblies, with particular consideration of part to part interfaces and relationships, including CAE, DFM and DFA requirements.
- Able to demonstrate design flair and the ability to be able to engineer a range of solutions to a design problem.
- Experience of investigative tools and methods to resolve complex system issues
- Effective communicator and have strong organisational and numerical skills.
To apply for this role please contact Kerry Duggan.