- Sector: Advanced Technology
- Function: Powertrain
- Contact: Paul Robson
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446117
- Expiry Date: 12 July 2022
- Job Ref: 60654
Lead Engineer - Automotive Inverters – Warwickshire - £ Highly Competitive DOE
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development, testing and introduction of advanced automotive inverters. Which form part of the high-performance Electric Drive Unit (EDU) system. The Lead Engineer will report into the Transmissions, Driveline & EDU Manager.
As Lead Engineer - Automotive Inverters – you will be required to
- Act as Lead Engineer for EDU inverters within a Propulsion Engineering Department.
- Deliver EDU inverters to quality, cost and time, including maintaining the Worldwide Engineering Release System (WERS)
- Own and deliver the Engineering Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) deliverables
- Manage Change Request, expenditure forecasting and the relevant supplier teams in support of delivery of the programme milestones
- Manage supplier rig and vehicle test plans, including detailed planning of test and development stages through to sign off
- Ensure all appropriate standards are met throughout design maturation
- Provide input into new feature development
- Ensure all programme design solutions meet Programme targets for cost and weight
- Keep all Module documentation up to date.
As Lead Engineer - Automotive Inverters – you will have
- Previous experience with power electronics development and Functional Safety development and sign-off
- Previous experience of leading the resolution of business, technical and process issues within a Project Team environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with strong influencing and engagement skills
- A good working knowledge of product creation & delivery, change control, product definition and change management processes
- Degree in relevant Mechanical/Electrical engineering discipline
- Strong project management capabilities with the ability to multitask
- A dynamic and determined individual, highly driven, committed and results-orientated with significant pace, energy and confidence.
- Ability to combine a short term, pragmatic focus with strategic vision
What you will get:
- A competitive salary and benefits package, whilst working on exciting and dynamic projects.
- The opportunity to influence some of the most ground-breaking vehicles in the automotive arena today.
Suitably qualified and experienced Inverter Engineers should apply today by contacting Paul Robson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment +44(0)1384 446146 or by emailing their CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.