Coventry, West Midlands
almost 2 years ago
- An experienced Lead Engineer is required to join an automotive manufacturer based in Coventry or Redditch.OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOBTo work within the seating development team to design, develop and validate seating products for JIT manufacture, and to continually improve seats in current production, to improve performance and eliminate in-service product concerns.The need to work to agreed deadlines will be a key strength.SCOPE OF THE POSITIONTo lead the part a project (ie a row of seats or product group), within a team to own and deliver the engineering of best in class premium automotive seating for the products we develop for our customers. The role will include the creation of technical specifications or targets, and the design of components and assemblies to meet the technical requirements. The achievement of engineering deliverables within the program timing constraints is essential.To resolve technical issues and lead Product Engineers and Cad Engineers and associated team members to deliver to project timing and quality expectations.To create and manage the DFMEA for your area of responsibility.Main Responsibilities
KEY SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONSTechnical SkillsRequired
- Work with the Engineering Manager to design and develop seating projects meeting customer expectations
- Work within the various engineering functions to deliver the design, DFMEA, analysis, validation, tolerance analysis, drawing creation and dimensioning and system integration of seating systems.
- Extensive Lead Engineer experience from within automotive, ideally seating / body engineering.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical approach to problem solving
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Appreciation of CAD systems
- Strong conceptual design capability
- Able to think of innovative solutions to design challenges
To apply for this position please contact Rachel Meacham.
- HNC / HND or equivalent
- Bachelor or Masters in Mechanical or Automotive Engineering or a similar relevant subject