A Lead Engineer is required to join a leading, aerospace manufacturing and development company specialising in the civil and military control systems sectors. The successful candidate will be joining to design and develop moving mechanical systems and parts and assist in leading a small team of engineers.
Responsibilities of the Lead Engineer will include the following:
- Providing mechanical design input to develop new systems and mechanisms or improving existing ones.
- Value analysis during the product design phase while optimising product development costs.
- Technical support for new projects and evaluation of the requirements and implications.
- Overseeing and supporting the work of around a team of 5 engineers.
The lead Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Considerable experience in the design and development for complex hydraulic systems particularly servo-valves.
- Experience of conceptual and detailed design of actuators, moving parts and mechanisms.
- Minimum degree qualified in Mechanical engineering or similar discipline.
- Excellent, hands-on, testing skills particularly aerospace conditions.
- Previous experience leading an engineering team to success.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with aerospace team leadership experience to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Gloucester based company will offer you:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible benefits package
- The opportunity to work on exciting cutting-edge aerospace projects
Interviews for the Lead Engineer will commence with immediate effect with a view to starting as soon as possible. For further information on the Lead Engineer position please contact Tom Duckett at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446163.