Special Vehicle Operations (SVO) Division operates as a "business within the business", set up with a nimble/commercially minded outlook to leverage the increasing desire of our customers to personalise their vehicles.
- Have demonstrable ability to lead the resolution of multiple complex technical issues within a team environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, self-confidence, and a passion for the product.
- Lead a cross functional team of peers, chair weekly programme steering team (PST) meetings and present in senior forums when required.
- Gateway & Deliverables management.
- Programme Direction Letter Authorship.
- Future Model Year Timing Plan Creation & Management.
- Identify long lead commodities to identify potential risks with the plan and identify sourcing priorities.
- Work with Lead Engineers and Suppliers to understand commodity lead times to ensure that parts and associated software are delivered in time to support project timescales.
- Develop and maintain vehicle specific BoM, Facilitate SVO Change through Core FCIM team participation.
- Work with Design & MS&S in development of robust product proposals and associated business cases
- Work within the project management framework to enable functions to deliver on time and to budget.
- Manage prototype and pre-production planning / scheduling meetings.
- Must be able to deliver with minimal supervision and take a methodical approach to managing own workload.
- Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested from time to t
- Educated to degree level with a high level of computer literacy
- Excellent knowledge of the product life cycle, product design and delivery processes.
- 2 years project / programme management experience.
- Hold a full UK driving license - willingness to travel when required is essential.
- Project management Qualifications (APMP or Prince2)
- Previous Automotive programme management experience
- Knowledge of AIMs/WERS/WIPS systems
- Understanding of PDCS gateway framework
- Demonstrable knowledge of and previous experience of working with Product Development, Design, Marketing Sales & Service, Manufacturing Engineering, Production Operations and Supply / STA would be highly beneficial.