over 1 year ago
Our client is a market leader in Europe and one of the world's premier providers of standardized and customer-specific wiring systems for the automotive industry.
A Lead Engineer is required, and your duties will include:
- Support the project team leader to ensure technical deliverables (e.g. drawing releases) are achieved in support of the customer project deliverables
- Technical lead for an assigned project, including giving overall technical direction to a small team of EDS engineers
- Ensure that technical direction, and delivered products are compliant with customer (SDS) and internal design standards
- Responsible for the validation and robustness of the delivered harness designs, including support for DVP reporting
- Ensure that technical direction is optimised for internal best practice, especially with regards to design for manufacture and quality assurance
- Support the project team leader in achieving internal KPIs for the project and internal status reporting
- Co-ordinate support for manufacturing (including direct support at overseas manufacturing sites)
- Co-ordinate support for vehicle manufacturing during prototype and pre-production build phases (including support at customer build sites)
- Lead customer facing technical reviews, including presenting proposals, and negotiating preferred design solutions
- Support product optimisation activities (TVM, VA/VE)
- Demonstrable understanding of technical / engineering documentation (e.g. circuit diagrams and harness drawings.
- Educated to HND/degree level, in a relevant engineering discipline (e.g. Electrical/Automotive/Mechanical)
- Demonstrable understanding of electrical principles, and vehicle electrical systems
To apply for this role please contact Rachel Meacham.