Our client, a well-known global Tier 1 automotive business are looking for a Lead Engineer to join their team on an initial 12 month period.
As the role will require constant communication with colleagues in China the successful candidate must be a confident and clear communicator and you will also need to have had extensive experience within interiors and plastics.
Some of the responsibilities for the role will include:-
- Promoting engineering capability to customer if required, feedback customer demand to team, in order to get RFQ and win more business from technical standpoint.
- Meet customer to clarify specification and standard requirements for new project bidding and launching projects.
- Provide feasibility input to support studio design & packaging requirement with TC support.
- Familiar with customer product develop procedure, Lead regular review (like RMDV and reports, DFMEA) with customer to get signoff.
- Support physical build on-site if customer required (with plant support) for new launching projects, and feedback the build result and issues in time.
- Assign all design problem to proper engineering discipline for count measure and give feedback to customer and plant team.
- Coordinate engineering changes through the customers and internal system during develop phase.
- Confirm quality issue, take urgent action and give primary feedback to customer & plant, support for necessary meeting with customer.
- Check warranty return and maintenances in system on time, attend review meeting (pallet review). Follow up pallet to be closed on time. (with TC and plant quality support)