Lead Electro-Mechanical Engineer (Rolling Stock) - Derby
We have a requirement for a Lead Electro-Mechanical Engineer for a leader in engineering services and solutions who partner with the most trusted names in Rail and Aerospace Engineering, to deliver solutions across the complete product life cycle, in the fastest and most valuable manner, spanning complex systems, platforms and products. This role will be based in Derby.
The Lead Electro-Mechanical Engineer will lead a team of Senior Designers, working 'on-site' within a Customer's facility in Derby, helping to identify, specify and facilitate the transfer of work off-shore.
- Electrical harness routing in the Rail/Locomotive/Train domain
- Systems requirements to deliver electrical systems design
- Well versed with ECN/ECR type of project activities
- Study input requirements and estimate for the assigned work packages / projects
- Accountable for all committed deliverables
- Apply basic engineering design principles on each project activity
- Organise and lead work package reviews for their project
- Organise Design / Verification reviews
- Conduct Peer Reviews to ensure defect free deliverables
- Produce training material, work instructions and lessons learned documents
Professional experience and/or qualifications:
- Good experience on harness design for Rolling Stock /Locomotive/ Train interiors
- Experience of EHI modules of CATIA V5
- Experience in harness routing and manufacturing drawing creation for electrical cabinets used in railway industry
- Knowledge of electrical systems and Components like cable trays/supports, Contactors, Relays, Miniature circuit breakers, MCCB, Servo motor, Drives etc.
- Able to present work to all levels of clients
- Ability to detail, assigned electro-mechanical sub-module of train system with support
- Ability to define component and assemblies of sub-systems as per manufacturing & assembly concepts
- Knowledge on Tolerance stack-up analysis and recommend feasible solutions in accordance with manufacturing capabilities
- Ability to analyse and propose retrofit solution for existing design modifications on mechanical assemblies as well as harness routings
- Degree qualified in an Electrical or Mechanical Engineering subject or equivalent practical industry experience.
- Negotiable dependent upon experience - Permanent or Contract
If you believe you have the relevant skills and experience and wish to apply please send your CV to Philip Delaloye at or call 01384446192. Rail01