West Bromwich, West Midlands
£38000 - £40000 per annum
about 1 year ago
Job Title: Lead Electrical Engineer
Location: West Bromwich
We are currently recruiting for a Lead Electrical Engineer to work at our clients site in West Bromwich, the role will be responsible for the organisation and operation of our clients electrical department.
- Act as the Company Technical Authority on electrical matters.
- Responsible for the organisation and operation of the electrical department (seven personnel) and all electrical contractors.
- Liaison at all levels inside the Company. Outside contacts typically include suppliers, contractors and agencies such as the HSE, insurance inspectors, electrical and telecommunication service providers.
- Safety, Health & Environmental - To maintain and promote a safe operating culture within the Electrical Department ensuring that in all its aspects of installation and maintenance it operates to the highest levels of safety and meets all legal and statutory requirements, company rules and procedures.
- Project work - responsible for the design, specification, and installation of all electrical equipment for new capital, maintenance and upgrading work and controlling expenditure within authorised budgets.
- Maintenance operations - responsible for the provision, operation and development of all maintenance and planned preventative maintenance systems, including inspections.
- Training - To manage the development and training of all electrical personnel.
- Should have a good understanding of ATEX, area classification and BS60079 all parts, as he/she will be a competent person in area classification, design, installation and commissioning. Must be able to specify electrical equipment for the appropriate areas.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience listed below:
- A minimum of a HNC in Electrical/Electronic Engineering.
- A further 5 years practical experience post HNC
- At least 2 years must be in a supervisory role.
- The job requires a flexible attitude to deal with multiple complex jobs simultaneously, to meet the required changes in operational priorities.
- Salary is circa £38-40k dependant on experience
- 25 days paid holiday (and all UK Bank Holidays)
- 25 hour working week, paid sick scheme, free life assurance.
- Access to a stakeholder pension scheme
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.