£Comp + Bens
about 1 month ago
Lead Electrical Engineer
£Competitive plus benefits
Automotive / Motorsport
A Lead Electrical Engineer is required to lead design, development, testing and introduction of new electrical and electronic components or commodities for automotive and motorsport programmes. Candidates with experience of concept generation and cross functionality problem resolution would be well received.
Due to increased workloads this company, a specialist developer of road and race vehicles, requires a Lead Electrical Engineer, based in Belper, to deliver the commodity plan to quality, cost and time and lead on the technical content and integrity of specific components and systems across all programmes, both current and future. As a Lead Electrical Engineer you will be required to:
- Manage Change Request, expenditure forecasting and the relevant supplier teams in support of delivery of the programme milestones
- Manage component and vehicle test plans, including detailed planning of test and development stages through to sign off and support rectification of issues
- Development of vehicle electronic hardware systems / architecture.
- Support vehicle builds and issue resolution using suitable diagnostics tools, e.g. CAN based.
- Oversee development of wiring / harness specifications and develop the associated vehicle wiring schematics and harness diagrams.
- Identify and meet the requirements of the new generation electrical and powertrain systems.
- Provide support across all areas of vehicle electrical systems where required
The Lead Electrical Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Engineering degree qualified or equivalent
- Be able to read and clear fault codes from all ECU's
- Be able to re-flash All ECU's on the vehicle
- Configure and Download data from the Vehicle dataloggers
- Develop the Bosch PBM and MOTEC software including the Motec Dash Manager and Display Creator Software.
- Take CAN logs and be able to Analyse data.
- Knowledge of programming / diagnostics tools such as ASL, CANalyser, VeSys & RaptorCal and support for coding / Matlab.
- Previous experience delivering automotive components.
- A good working knowledge of product creation & delivery, change control, product definition and change management processes
- Previous programme delivery experience, with influencing and engagement skills
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with previous experience of managing the resolution of business, technical and process issues within a Project Team environment to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Belper based specialist developer of road and race vehicles will offer you:
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as a Electrical Engineer and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Lead Electrical Engineer role, please contact Paul Branton at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 455525.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.