£Comp + Bens
8 months ago
Lead Electrical Engineer
£Competitive plus benefits
A Lead Electrical Engineer is required to manage and deliver all electrical component and system development activities across the relevant multi-departmental process-chain
to ensure on time introduction and integration into bespoke vehicle content. Candidates with experience of leading an electrical/electronic engineering team, especially within a bespoke vehicle environment, would be well received.
Due to increased workloads this client, a prestigious luxury vehicle manufacturer, based in Chichester, requires a proactive Lead Electrical Engineer to project manage all electrical engineering activities related to customer's bespoke vehicle requirements. As a Lead Electrical Engineer you will be required to:
- Develop and evaluate conceptual alternatives and supply cost information to Project Management & Purchasing for make or buy decisions
- Financially evaluate bespoke features for Engineering relevant budget costs including Testing, Engineering Manpower, Development Materials, etc, and manage the budget in the feature sheets as the project develops
- Lead an engineering team of Project and Design Engineers (c5 people) and carry out project management activities within the team comprised of the Process-Chain stakeholders from other functions across the business
- Lead the creation, maintenance, and release of engineering requirements for features including the use of various risk analysis steps, including Risk filters, DFMEAs, and ensure associated Legal, Safety & Group standard requirements are brought into DVPs, Specifications, and other engineering documents
- Determine the required quality requirements from an engineering perspective working with design & quality functions
The Lead Electrical Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Degree qualified in Electrical/Electronic engineering or technological discipline
- Knowledge of Automotive Hardware architectures and Software development processes
- Knowledge of hardware/software interfacing to Cloud based data services
- Detailed knowledge of network bus systems such as MOST (fibre optic), CAN and LIN
- Knowledge of international automotive legislation and homologation requirements relating to electrical content
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with experience in automotive electrical project/programme management and leading cross-functional teams with responsibility of team leadership to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Chichester based company will offer you:
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as a Lead Electrical Engineer and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Lead Electrical Engineer role, please contact Paul Branton at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 455525.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.