Lead Project Engineer (EDS) - 35855 - up to £25.35/hr - Special Vehicle Operations
Electrical Distribution System for engines (EDSE) is a group within SVO Powertrain organisation responsible for the delivery of engine harnesses and associated end items such as link harnesses, brackets and fasteners for all forward model programmes and unit gateways for engine programmes. EDSE also works in close partnership with the rest of EDS organisation to ensure robust integration of engine harness in vehicle applications on all forward model programmes.
A Lead Project Engineer is required to develop electrical engine harness development onto multiple SVO vehicle programmes for high performance engines.
3 KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
- Strong Project management experience working within an automotive engineering development environment.
- Ability to lead the resolution of business, technical and process issues within the team.
- Previous experience within an automotive engineering development environment in a design position.
- A good working knowledge of product design life cycle, change control, product definition and change management processes.
- Excellent people management and communication skills, able to lead and motivate teams of local and offshore to work effectively, self confidence and a "passion for the product".
- Comfortable challenging with strong influencing and engagement skills - able to challenge existing thinking in a positive way.
Experience Preferred but NOT essential:
- Electrical harness design delivery experience.
- Understanding of design and package of electrical harnessing in to virtual vehicle/engine.
Full driving license and work visa required.
Locations - Whitley, Fen End and Gaydon
To apply for this position please contact Rachel Meacham.