You'll be accountable for:
- dimensional integrity of BIW assemblies and Body structures
- actively promote efficient departmental development actions and process improvements, continuing the journey towards dimensional excellence
- lead the analysis and problem solving for all body assembly dimensional issues and is a major stake holder in other dimensional issues associated with Body and Trim
- play a key part in optimising styling and design for dimensional robustness
- guide your team, enabling them to provide feasibility solutions, as well as analysing best practice processes and benchmarking our products
- lead your team through a broad range of key duties - from commissioning activities on BIW assembly tooling, through to analysing dimensional reports on incoming parts, tooling and assembly
- leadership skills and will have held a senior engineering position
- proven track record in manufacturing engineering operating in a BIW, Metrology / Measurement or Quality area is essential
- Experience of vehicle body assembly, body assembly equipment including tooling, automation and robotics is essential
- strong communication skills.
- ability to write technical reports and present at a senior level are essential requirements.
- valid driving licence and are ready and able to travel
- Experience in metrology and manufacturing engineering as well as Six Sigma experience as Green Belt or Black Belt are beneficial
- Closure Assemblies and/or Cladding Processes
- Experience would be ideal but not a necessity
- Degree, in a relevant Engineering Discipline
If you would like to know more about this role, please contact Sarah Gilbert or Kate Stevens at Jonathan Lee Recruitment.