Title: Lead Customs Duty Specialist
Division: Procurement & Supply Chain
Contract Position based at: Bourneville
This role is based in UK reporting to a Manger in Bratislava, Slovakia for a Customs Specialist and would be part of a Customs team assisting with provision of Customs compliance services for internal goods movement. The role will support the Customs Compliance controls and assist with changes as a result of Brexit. The role will be responsible for up to 3 direct reports covering a similar remit.
- Extensive knowledge of customs Laws and Regulations.
- Strong ability to assess customs duties and taxes for shipments.
- Excellent attention to detail and analysis.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Experience of SAP.
- Action oriented, proactive and resourceful in solving problems.
- Can-do attitude and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability and self-motivation to excel within an environment of change.
- Previous role handling Customs queries / support with Day to Day operations.
- Tariff Classification verification.
- Knowledge of mandatory changes of Customs declarations. Knowledge of Deferment Statement UK.
- Working knowledge of import / export requirements especially for road freight movements in Europe.
- Knowledge of sea / air transport.
- 1-2 years Administration. 1-2 years Logistics.
- Experience of INET logistic system would be an advantage.
- University or Equivalent Level Education.
- German language - advanced (Russian, French, Turkish) would be an advantage.
- If you are interested in this role and have the relevant experience, please APPLY NOW. For more information, contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384446119.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.