Lead Customs Duty Specialist
£16.00 to £20.00 p/h consolidated rate
A Lead Customs Duty Specialist opportunity has arisen within the Procurement and Supply Chain department for an international snacks manufacturer based in Birmingham.
Thus is a UK based role reporting to a Manger in Bratislava. As Customs Specialist you would be part of a Customs team assisting with provision of Customs compliance services for internal goods movement.
The role will support the Customs Compliance controls and assist with changes as a result of Brexit.
- Extensive knowledge of customs Laws and Regulations.
- Strong ability to assess customs duties and taxes for shipments.
- Excellent attention to detail and analysis.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Customs queries / support with Day to Day operations.
- Tariff Classification verification.
- Knowledge of mandatory changes of Customs declarations.
- Knowledge of Deferment Statement UK.
- Working knowledge of import / export requirements especially for road freight movements in Europe.
- Knowledge of sea / air transport
- Experience of INET logistic system would be an advantage.
Interested in the above role? Please contact Kate Stevens or Sarah Gilbert at Jonathan Lee Recruitment.