Lead Control Electronics Design Engineer – Nuneaton - £ Highly Competitive DOE
A Lead Control Electronics Design Engineer is required for a high-technology consultancy. Based in an innovative, supportive and quality driven environment, you will work with prestige and high-profile clients on cutting-edge automotive and off-highway products. You will be involved in all stages of the life cycle of inverters for electrified drivetrains, from the architecture to the production, through the design and the validation. You will be at the forefront to support the various production lines, around the globe. You will be part of a team involving experts from all fields, and will need to be imaginative and creative in order to ensure the efficiency and the quality of a diverse range of electrification projects.
As Lead Control Electronics Design Engineer – you will be required to
- Lead the definition and development of digital and analogue electronic circuits with microcontrollers in accordance with the principles of functional safety according to ISO26262;
- Produce and review failure and fit calculation (FMEDA)
- Lead functional safety design reviews and produce safety related documentation;
- Planning and monitoring of design activities for a given product, from architecture to production;
- Develop and design electronic circuits that comply with electro-magnetic compatibility (EMC) standards;
- Support the development of analogue and digital printed circuits considering thermal constraints and signal integrity;
- Supervise the work of technicians and assemblers when required;
- Lead design reviews of printed circuits and complete products;
- Responsible for the design activities and deliverables for a given electronic product, from architecture to production;
- Represent the company as a technical expert when meeting with customers ;
- Propose, improve and maintain the processes of design, documentation and release of PCBs;
- Lead the development of technical reports;
- Leading the problem solving exercises of quality concerns;
- Contribute to the research and development of new technologies for electronic products.
- Manage and liaise with external service providers and other electrification tech centres
As Lead Control Electronics Design Engineer – you will have
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or other equivalent field, master of science preferred ;
- Extensive experience in electronic design (digital and analogue, DSP)
- Experience in the automotive industry, an asset;
- Experience in team and personnel management, an asset;
- Knowledge of Altium Designer , an asset;
- Ability to work in multidisciplinary teams and in complex, matrix-structured organizations;
- Be innovative with a positive, can-do mindset and attitude;
- Confident communicator who can build rapport quickly and influence at all levels;
- Sound analytical and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize effectively;
What you will get:
- A competitive salary and benefits package, whilst working on exciting and dynamic projects.
- The opportunity to influence some of the most ground-breaking vehicles in the automotive arena today.
Suitably qualified and experienced Control Electronics Engineers should apply today by contacting Paul Robson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment +44(0)1384 446146 or by emailing their CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.