Lead Concept and Process Engineer
Up to £30.53 p/h Ltd
As a Lead Concept & Process Engineer you will operate as a subject matter expert of your assigned portfolio of tooling, and provide regular, structured updates on panel feasibility including die process, quality, material utilisation and performance.
You will be expected to establish a professional, engineering interface with design, product engineering & all other manufacturing teams AME/BIW, DMBI, Paint, etc and tooling vendors to achieve the process concept & production sign off & ensure robust management of engineering change with minimal impact to the project outcomes.
You will also need to perform and validate simulations of stamping processes (Auto Form) and produce comprehensive formability information to feedback to Engineering & programme management teams to aid the manufacturability of the product. During the delivery phase you will also work very closely with the Engineering & planning delivery teams.
In this role you will also travel to suppliers both UK based and overseas as well as periods in other Press Shops during launch periods.
- Expert levels of Pressed panel feasibility & Process, including Material Forming Simulations FEA (Auto Form software)
- Working knowledge of Team Centre & expert levels of CAD skills (Catia v5)
- Experience using Microsoft applications, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Expert experience in a materials engineering or forming environment
- Expert process engineering background
- Knowledge and familiarity with key pressed metal panel processes (Steel & Aluminium), facilities and technologies used throughout the pressed parts process chain.
- Working knowledge of Team Centre and excellent knowledge of CAD systems (Catia v5)
A relevant Engineering Degree is not essential but would be an advantage, as would time served in related Engineering disciplines
This is a 6-month contract based at Gaydon and offering an hourly rate of up to £30.53 Ltd, depending upon experience.
Interested in the above role? Please contact Kate Stevens or Sarah Gilbert at Jonathan Lee Recruitment as soon as possible.