Title: Lead Component Engineer
Division: Chassis Engineering
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
Lead Component Engineering within Suspension Architecture taking ownership of in-house, make-to-print engineering design of suspension components including; sub-frames, suspension links, knuckles, engine brackets, transmission cradles, etc.
Role will require working closely with all stakeholders across the business to design and development robustly engineer components meeting all customer requirements and with strong documented evidence to demonstrate components are fit for purpose. This is a real opportunity to truly own the ground up engineering of future JLR products as such a real passion, knowledge and enthusiasm for first principles engineering design is required.
3 KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
- Tenacious and highly driven to achieve deliver results against targets and commitment dates
- Engineering Design, Release and Delivery experience from concept to production.
- Able to build strong positive relationships internally with stakeholders and within suppliers
- Knowledge of design for castings (including hollow castings) and forgings including manufacturing requirements.
- Engineering Knowledge to minimise weight whilst maintaining functionality.
- Proven ability to take strong leadership of suppliers to drive results
- Able to present information concisely at all levels within the business to gain buy-in
- Ability to control and release components and drawings through Teamcenter.
- Prior experience of working within JLR releasing processes and system
- Ability to use CATIA V5 CAD for Solid and surface modelling.
- Ability to use CATIA CAE function
- Knowledge of suspension systems
Engineering Degree (preferably Automotive or Mechanical)
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.