about 2 years ago
Lead Chassis Engineer - Contract - 6months+ - £Competitive rate - Nuneaton
I am seeking a Chassis Engineer to lead current and future programmes for this innovative low volume vehicle manufacturer. You will be required to take system ownership of the chassis area which will include suspension, brakes and steering. You will not be expected to have technical expertise across all these areas, but take responsibility and be the focal point for all chassis related engineering issues on current and future platforms.
This is a Technical, hands-on Engineering role within a small team. You will be working with one or two CAD designers and external suppliers/consultants.
- Hands-On mechanical skills and experience with Automotive or related vehicles and systems with some in a Low volume manufacturing environment.
- Excellent problem solving skills Proficient regarding organisational and time management skills
- Appreciation of Engineering Good practice with regard to project processes and CAD system data management.
- Specification of Chassis systems and components.
- Delivery of Engineered Chassis System designs.
- Development and Maintenance of Chassis CAD package and BOM.
- Generation of Design Specifications, management of 2D drawings and design data.
- Develop Project Timing and delivery schedule for System Parts and Functionality.
- Supplier Management - Outsource Engineering and Part Development.
- Test Planning and DVP Sign-Off responsibility.
- Provide Budget input for department and manage spend accordingly.
- Support Recruitment activities within System area.
What's appealing about this role:
- A competitive market hourly rate with long term work on offer
- Ownership and technical input to new concept and development fast moving projects.
- The opportunity to be part of a unique, innovative highly technical product
For more information or to apply please contact Jeff Lane of Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446108 or