£25.04 - 25.04 per hour
4 months ago
Title: Lead CAE Engineer
Division: Chassis Engineering
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
Lead CAE Engineering within Suspension Architecture taking ownership to in-house, make-to-print engineering design of suspension components including; sub-frames, suspension links, knuckles, engine brackets, transmission cradles, etc.
Role will require working closely with Lead Engineers to design and development robustly engineering components meeting all customer requirements and with strong documented evidence to demonstrate components are fit for purpose. This is a real opportunity to truly influence the ground up engineering of future products as such a real passion, knowledge and enthusiasm for first principles engineering design is required.
3 KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
- Experienced user of Catia V5 and/or V6 including Teamcenter.
- Detailed engineering design experience in castings / forging / fabrications.
- Ability to produce and release production drawings.
- Knowledge of design for castings (including hollow castings) and forgings including manufacturing requirements.
- Engineering knowledge to minimise weight whilst maintaining functionality.
- Proven ability to produce detailed drawings
- Ability to control and release components and drawings through Teamcenter.
- Prior experience of working within JLR releasing processes and system
- Ability to use CATIA CAE function
- Ability to use kinematics analysis (package checks)
- Knowledge of suspension systems
Engineering Degree (preferably Automotive or Mechanical)
To apply for this role please contact Rachel Meacham.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.