Lead CAD Design Engineer (Cooling) - 35782 - up to £28.75/hr - Powertrain
The Cooling Systems team is based at Whitley and is part of the Power Train Systems Engineering group within Powertrain Engineering. The primary purpose of the group is to design Cooling Systems and manage the delivery of all platform programs that have Cooling System content.
As a Lead CAD Design Engineer you will have matrix reports and be responsible for their daily work load and contribution to the delivery of Cooling System design and release. You will manage resource bottlenecks to meet the CAD Design needs of your paired Lead Delivery Engineer and coordinate delivery of the overall Cooling System CAD Design.
- UGS Teamcenter trained, experienced & recent user.
- Catia V5 trained, experienced & recent user.
- Expert in Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Fully trained/certified in, and recent & experienced user of UGS Team centre, and able to provide evidence of this;
- Fully trained/certified in, and recent & experienced user of Catia V5, and able to provide evidence of this;
- Expert in Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T);
- Working knowledge of automotive cooling systems - circuit components, heat exchangers (air-to-air, water-to-air & water-to-water), fans, pumps, valves, expansion & degas;
- Ability to work on multiple parallel projects and deliver multiple workstreams at pace;
- Supplier management to coordinate delivery of Cooling component design (3D and 2D) into Engineering release activity;
- Adhere to Design Rules and Standards to deliver high quality output;
- Self-motivated with ability to adapt to change.
The successful candidate will be:
- Capable of working to tight deadlines and challenging technical & commercial targets;
- Self-motivated with the ability to adapt to change;
- An individual with the capability to combine a short term, pragmatic focus with medium term planning;
- A resilient and enthusiastic individual who responds constructively to new ideas and inputs;
- A good communicator with the ability to communicate complex ideas;
- An effective team player who actively develops and supports team members, and responsible for the day-to-day workload management of 2-3 CAD Engineers;
- An individual with the ability to challenge existing thinking in a positive way whilst building credibility and trust through experience and personal style.
To apply for this role please contact Rachel Meacham.