A Lead Buyer is required with experience of carrying out Procurement & Supply Chain Management activities within an industrial or manufacturing environment.
A global technology company specialising in zero emissions cooling systems based in Croydon requires a Lead Buyer with a good understanding of all processes outlined in the CIPS procurement lifecycle.
As a Lead Buyer you will be responsible for delivering excellent Procurement services as a core member of the companys Procurement & Inventory team.
In this role you will:
- Work closely with design and engineering teams to understand their requirements,
- Identify appropriate supply markets,
- Deliver successful procurement RFI/RFQ activities,
- Draft and apply appropriate commercial contracts,
- Manage on-going contracts,
- Develop, manage and maintain appropriate supplier relationships,
- Analyse and improve supplier performance,
- Work to ruthlessly drive down the cost of supplies of Bill of Materials (BoM) in conjunction with the design and engineering teams
The Lead Buyer should have the following skills or experience:
- Significant professional experience of carrying out Procurement & Supply Chain Management activities within an industrial and/or manufacturing environment
- Extensive experience of working with business users to drive down supply costs
- MCIPS qualification (or equivalent)
- A good understanding of all processes outlined in the CIPS procurement lifecycle
- Significant experience of the following processes: supply market analysis, supplier selection, contract drafting, contract award, ongoing contract mgt. and ongoing supplier performance mgt.
- A good understanding of the P2P and MM processes within ERP systems
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Excellent cross-functional team working skills
- Excellent persuading and influencing skills
- The ability to multi-task, work and complete tasks effectively under minimal supervision, tight time constraints, and periodic high volume circumstances.
- The ability to thrive in a fast-growing and rapidly changing work environment.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with a good Procurement/Supply Chain background, looking to work within a global company producing cutting edge technology.
If you have any questions about the Lead Buyer role, please contact Shannon Wade at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889 262.