Lead BIW NVH Engineer - Coventry - £Highly competitive DOE
This role is to provide specialist technical leadership, design and development activities in the field of automotive BIW and NVH CAE supporting the Chief Engineer and body design teams. To collate and support CAE, testing and benchmark activities in the technical area.
The Lead Engineer will report directly to the Chief Engineer, working closely with the other engineering functions to design and develop vehicles from concept to production to meet time, cost and specification requirements.
As a Lead BIW NVH Engineer it will be your responsibility:
- To lead the development of automotive BIW and NVH CAE for various new vehicle platforms for the successful and timely delivery of outputs from the project and other related activities in the field outlined. This includes effective technical management, CAE analysis, planning, monitoring, use of resources and review, in conjunction with all other areas of technical specialism within the project.
- To actively participate in decision making and planning reviews to ensure timely delivery of the programmes to the benefit of internal parties and external collaborators.
- To provide specialist technical leadership in the field of automotive BIW and NVH CAE for hybrid and battery electric vehicles.
- To represent the Client as a credible authority on automotive BIW and NVH CAE design and development with current and future collaborative partners.
- To be responsible for the analysis and related test and development activities for the technical area both externally and in the project workshops.
- Work with Principal Engineers to determine the systems strategy and create a successful plan of work for each vehicle platform.
- Work with your colleagues to deliver solutions to the project requirements. To establish collaborative test, research and product development activities with partner organisations and suppliers.
- To disseminate project output using appropriate tools such as project reports, presentations and other suitable methods.
As a Lead BIW NVH Engineer you will have:
- Degree or equivalent experience in a relevant Engineering subject.
- Specialised knowledge of automotive BIW and NVH CAE design and development.
- A successful track record of leadership with the ability to influence and motivate others to achieve outstanding results.
- Experience of liaising directly with industrial partners to understand project requirements to enable continuous improvements.
- Technical and personal credibility, working effectively with cross-functional teams and other business functions.
- Ability to demonstrate an innovative approach to the product design, allowing new technologies to be implemented.
Suitably qualified and experienced Lead BIW NVH Engineers should apply today by contacting Chiara Caterisano on 01384 446157 or by emailing their CV and covering letter.