Job title: Lead Interior Designer
Hourly Rate: Competitive (DOE)
A UK based centre of excellence for automotive design and engineering, who also provide research and development principally but also for selected partners in the automotive industry, are seeking a Lead Interior Designer who can provide an excellent creative resource to a fresh, new and expanding design team.
As a Lead you will have to:
- Be able to fill in for the Chief Designer in various situations
- Showcase responsible multi-hat behaviour behaviour when balancing Design against great needs of the company (Design Vs business/budget/resource etc)
- Be resourceful and adaptable to changing pace, dealing with a multitude of projects in order to guarantee delivery
- Be capable of managing design work as well as administrative tasks
- Achieve the highest level of creative output and support the global design network
- Produce compelling and relevant interior design ideas to support ongoing projects
- Support the design process by developing concepts via sketches, clay or digital models to illustrate and present ideas to colleagues, head of interiors UK and head of design UK.
You will have the following skills:
- Experience of leading/supervising a small team of designers
- Have been through advanced concept car builds and production programmes at least once
- Capable of managing a project element with support from more senior staff when necessary
- Excellent 2D software knowledge (Photoshop, Illustrator etc)
- Demonstrable experience using 3D Software
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the role, please contact Teresa Anderson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.