Lead Applications Engineer – Coventry - £ 55,000 to £65,000 DOE
A Lead Applications Engineer is required for a high-technology consultancy. You will work with prestige and high-profile clients on cutting-edge automotive and off-highway products, a significant proportion of your time will be spent as a resident engineer within a high-profile Midlands-based OEM. This opportunity gives the chance to be involved all stages of the customer application through new product development and launch, taking the system from architecture to production. Working closely with the global product development team involving experts from all fields, you are involved in the full life cycle of electrified drivetrains covering inverters, motors, and gearbox.
As Lead Applications Engineer – you will be required to
- Lead customer interactions for all aspects related to e-drives systems
- Represent the company as a technical expert when meeting with customers
- In accordance with the development phases, define the technical requirements of the systems in close collaboration with other departments and global tech centres
- Lead systems engineering design reviews and produce related documentation
- Support the customer during system qualification and calibration.
- Lead the problem-solving exercises of quality concerns
- Manage customer change requests
- Participate and contribute to the implementation and updating of the design process, definition of requirements and technical specifications for e-drive systems
- Contribute to the research and development of new technologies for electrification
- Manage and liaise with external service providers.
As Lead Applications Engineer – you will have
- Minimum of Bachelors degree in electrical, mechanical or software engineering
- Knowledge of electrified powertrains.
- We are looking for candidates who have the skills and in depth knowledge in one or more of the following domains: Electronic hardware (ECU and power electronics), Mechanical hardware (motor, hydraulics, gearbox), Controls & software, Electromagnetic, NVH or thermal analysis
- Ability to work under pressure and in an environment with changing priorities
- Relevant experience in requirements management tools (e.g. Polarion)
- Experience in the automotive industry in a development environment, preferably at Tier1 or OEM e-propulsion department
- Experience in automotive functional safety according to ISO26262
- Demonstrated ability to document your work
- Innovative with a positive, can-do mindset and attitude.
- Confident communicator, with sound analytical and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize effectively
What you will get:
- A competitive salary and benefits package, whilst working on exciting and dynamic projects.
- The opportunity to influence some of the most ground-breaking vehicles in the automotive arena today.
Suitably qualified and experienced Applications Engineers should apply today by contacting Paul Robson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment +44(0)1384 446146 or by emailing their CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.