Lead and Design Engineers - Rolling Stock - Derby
We have a requirement for 3 contract Lead and Design Engineers for an initial 12 month contract for a leader in engineering services and solutions who partner with the most trusted names in Rail and Aerospace Engineering, to deliver solutions across the complete product life cycle, in the fastest and most valuable manner, spanning complex systems, platforms and products. This role will be based in Derby.
The Lead Design Engineers will lead a team of Senior Designers, working 'onsite' within a Customer's facility in Derby, helping to identify, specify and facilitate the transfer of work off-shore. This would be for either:
- Roof & Underframes
- Electrical Installations
The Lead Design Engineers will:
- Assure Concept design, preliminary design and detailed design development the required system / sub-system.
- Mange the technical relationship with the Customer and the company's Off-Shore delivery team, to deliver solutions to time, cost and quality.
- Work independently making reasoned and justifiable decisions with respect to developing concept designs based on inputs received from the Customer and Verify the functionality/ feasibility of the solution.
- Have a current working knowledge of Rail industry standards across different European regions - Desirable.
- Explain & propose design solutions across the Mechanical - Electrical interface.
Professional experience and/or qualifications:
- Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent practical industry experience.
- Practical experience in the railway rolling stock industry delivering design solutions for passenger rail vehicles, preferably for a major OEM.
- Good experience in one or more of: Roof & Underframes / Rail Interiors / Electrical Installations.
Rate: Negotiable dependent upon experience.
If you believe you have the relevant skills and experience and wish to apply please send your CV to Philip Delaloye at or call 01384446192.