Launch Quality Engineer - 34796
To £33.80 per hour
Can you offer a proven track record operating within a BIW, Metrology / Measurement or Quality area?
Have you the aptitude for analysing dimensional reports for parts and components and assemblies?
Can you offer experience of tooling, gauging and checking media and the ability to write technical reports?
In this role you will be required to;
- Drive single panel maturation and root cause analysis to deliver exceptional product requirements through the use of the Part Co-ordination Fixture (PCF) system and toolkit.
- Close interaction with Stamping Engineering and vendor tooled component suppliers will be required and you will need to clearly document and share any error states and prioritise appropriately for corrections.
- Utilise great organisation skills to be able to co-ordinate all of the components required to build a complete body structure.
- Use your assembly tooling and measurement knowledge to review the PCF tooling from the concept design and manufacture stages through to final buy off and onsite installation.
- During the prototype and launch delivery phases, you and your small team of measurement technicians will assembly parts and assess the key interfaces utilising the Parts Co-ordination Fixture system.
- Create reports and develop action plans for improving the dimensional integrity of the supplied parts.
- Keep the build on track you'll create detailed timing plans and review your progress, providing regular status reports to the lead project engineer.
Desires for this Launch Quality Engineer role will include;
- A valid driving licence and ability to travel.
- Experience in metrology and manufacturing engineering as well as Six Sigma experience as Green Belt or Black Belt are beneficial
- Closure Assemblies and/or Cladding Processes experience would be ideal but not a necessity
- A minimum HNC qualification, though a Degree is desirable.
For more details please contact Grant Nisbet at Jonathan Lee Recruitment