Coventry, West Midlands
almost 2 years ago
Launch Manager - Coventry
We are looking for a looking to recruit a Launch Manager (Integrated Project Team Manager) who has experience of taking a lead role to bring a ground breaking Micro Gas Turbine to full scale production from Prototype, for an innovative engineering company based in Coventry.
The Launch Manager will manage the plan in detail to bring the project to full realisation, working internally with Engineering, Manufacturing and Supply Chain to ensure key milestones are met by all throughout all the defined phases or gates. The Launch Manager will ensure the program status is up to date at all times, all relevant parties are communicated with and any issues or concerns are resolved expediently - candidates with knowledge of the Aerospace or Automotive industries would be well received.
The Launch Manager must be exceptionally proactive, expert at prioritisation and able to work independently whilst maintaining their position within the team. Working day to day with key heads of department ensuring they build and maintain high performing effective relationships at a senior level.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Generating and managing the plan and key milestones based on stakeholder input through integration of plant launch milestones and provision of detailed plans for each phase of the launch
- Effectively coordinating of activities of the different departments to ensure phases are completed on time meeting key deliverables
- Managing and orchestrating all meetings to ensure comprehensive visibility on progress at all times
- Leading the Program Management to ensure all phased requirements are successfully managed, chased and ultimately completed
- Documenting issues, identifying impact and lead weekly reviews with departmental teams plus cross functional meetings, with a view to ensuring timely successful resolutions, to maintain program deliverables
- Working internally with departments (sales, manufacturing, engineering, finance) to not only ensure milestones are met, but to resolve any issues that come up
- Communicating with the wider teams daily, chasing updates and updating systems to provide feedback
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Relevant Experience in bringing Prototypes into full production in full and on time.
- Experienced in either the Automotive or Aerospace Industries.
- Experienced Programme / Project Manager working with an integrated team with proven success in similar environment.
- Salary negotiable dependent upon experience
- Private Healthcare
- Life Assurance
- 25 Days Holiday plus Bank Holidays
If you are interested in this role and you want to be considered, please send your CV to Philip Delaloye at or call 01384 446192.