£30k - 35k per year + plus O/T and Benefits
Job title: Launch Engineer
Salary Range: £30,000 to £35,000 pa plus O/T, Travel Disbursement plus Benefits
Location: UK & Europe
Production, Manufacturing, Launch, BIW, Weld, Assembly, Trim & Final, CAD, Layout, Planning
A Launch Engineer is required with knowledge of new vehicle launch and product introduction into one of the following, assembly, trim & final, BIW and/or body assembly (weld) for a world class OEM. Candidates with experience of the automotive, aerospace and/or motorsport industries would be well received.
Due to continue growth this company, World Class, forward thinking automotive OEM based in the UK and Mainland Europe requires a proactive, hands on and practice Launch Engineer with the ability to take newly design products into production providing regular communication with engineering to ensure launch deadlines are achieved for this new permanent role. As a Launch Engineer you will be required to:
- Process design and planning using TPS knowledge and 3D Tools.
- The coordination of new equipment introduction including, specification, procurement, installation, and commissioning.
- The coordination of modifications to existing production equipment including specification, design, procurement, installation, and commissioning.
- The planning and coordination of production trials during which, ‘equipment & process safety’, ‘equipment & process productivity’, ‘body quality’ and ‘dimensional accuracy’ will be confirmed.
As a Launch Engineer are given the responsibility for appropriate elements of each project to ensure vehicle launch dates are achieved, while members of staff are developed and trained on new products, processes, and equipment. As a Launch Engineer you will have the following skills and experience:
- Self-motivated with HND or above in Engineering and flexible with regarding working times and travel.
- Ideally to have experience of 3D CAD software and ability to read engineering drawings.
- Ideally have experience of welding equipment, body assembly, BIW or trim & final along with a solid grounding in manufacturing processes and systems.
- Good communication skills and teamwork orientated.
- Flexibility to travel to other facilities on business trips and international assignments.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of new vehicle or product launch within body assembly, BIW, trim & final or weld equipment seeking to develop your career. In return for your experience, this global automotive company will offer you:
- Competitive Salary, plus O/T, disbursement, and benefits
- Training development and career progression within the state-of-the-art equipment and manufacturing facilities across the UK and Mainland Europe.
- Opportunity to work within new vehicle launch programmes.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of product launch and the highlight manufacturing processes and equipment and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Launch Engineer role, please contact Mark Bignell at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 44167 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.