£50k per year
LabVIEW Software Developer
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Elstree, London
Salary - £40-50000 p/a
LabView Software Engineer -
Our client are a bespoke Acoustic and Thermal sensing 'distributed sensor' producer for a number of indsutries including Oil and Gas, Military and Defence, Metals Industry and Sebsea cabling. These sensors produce huge quantities of data (Big Data) which is used to inform customers of the conditions of their assets over huge distances.
Reporting to the Head of Software, you will be developing and enhancing applications based on Silixa's unique Distributed Acoustic Sensors (DAS) and Distributed Temperature Sensors (DTS) technology. These sensors are used in a variety of challenging environments requiring near real-time processing and visualization of data streams of up to a few hundred MBps.
- Proposing, developing, coding, implementing, validating, and documenting novel software solutions in accordance with the Company's quality standards
- Supporting timely and efficient products transfer from development to production
- Providing customer support, investigating issues and implementing bug fixes
- Improving, in collaboration with peers, the development of in-house processes and skills
We are looking for a dynamic and dedicated candidate with the following technical skills:
- LabVIEW (required)
- Source code control and bug tracking tools (required)
- SQL (nice to have)
- C++ (nice to have)
Furthermore, the successful candidate is expected to have the following attributes:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage time and work to deadlines
- Interest in improving user experience and development of user interfaces.
- Ability to collaborate with peers to achieve the Company's objectives
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
A good degree or similar qualification/experience in computer science, engineering, physics or a related subject is required. Optical fibre sensing experience is not essential but an interest or technical background in the subject area would be advantageous.
An attractive and competitive package is being offered. This will include private medical insurance, group life assurance and an attractive pension plan.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.