Laboratory Technician - Birmingham
We are looking for a Laboratory Technician to work for an Aerospace Supply company based in Birmingham, who are part of a worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. The group serves the aerospace, power and general industrial markets.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Laboratory Technician will work in the Metallurgy Laboratory.
- Routine testing of Titanium product and R&D samples.
- Liaise with other departments to ensure that laboratory testing commitments are met.
- Adhere to the company quality procedures/Standard Operating Procedures/customer requirements.
- Ensure the calibration and maintenance schedules of laboratory equipment are adhered to.
- Conduct calibrations and periodic tests in a timely manner.
- Mentor and advise other more junior staff as required.
- Maintain safe working practices within the laboratory.
- Ensure round robin samples are completed.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities as required.
- When required carry out/participate in internal, external and customer audits
- Assist in the preparation of quality procedures as necessary.
- Deputise for the senior laboratory technician/analyst as required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Previous Laboratory experience
- Previous experience of Laboratory Equipment Calibration
- Previous report writing and audit experience
- Salary: - Negotiable dependent upon experience.
If you believe you have the relevant skills and experience and wish to apply please send a brief copy of your CV and a covering letter, outlining your suitability for the role, please send your CV to Philip Delaloye on or call on 01384446192.