Laboratory Engineer (Automotive) - 35274 - up to £21.07/hr - Body Engineering
Location - Gaydon, Warwickshire
Laboratory Engineer - Analytical / Chemistry Job
- Role is to carry out test and analysis, specifically analytical chemistry related. This includes vehicle program activity
- Analysis of powertrain fluids during and after durability tests, (to include Oil, Fuel and Urea solution analysis).
- Analysis of any development tested parts that have not performed as expected.
- Materials characterisation to analyse and fingerprint materials both existing and new developments, for future comparison on quality checks.
- It also includes Warranty and failure investigations, where materials / components are forensically examined to allow root cause
3 KEY SKILLS
- Practical knowledge of instrumented analytical techniques (ICP, GC/MS, FT-IR, DSC, KF etc)
- Ability to apply chemistry knowledge into practical investigation
- Knowledge of wet chemistry techniques
- Experience of working in a chemistry laboratory / environment
- Knowledge of automotive systems, powertrain, trim.
- Knowledge in Failure Mode investigations
Education Required: Degree in Chemistry
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role. To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship.
For more information and to apply for this role please contact Rachel Meacham.