£21000 - £27000.00 per annum
over 1 year ago
Laboratory & Process Technician
Food and Drink
£21,000 to £27,000 +
Our client is an innovative fast-growing business backed by international investors. Their product will revolutionise the cleaning of food production facilities by reducing the required power, water and resources required to cleanse a high care facility.
Due to continued growth, we are now looking for a Laboratory & Process Technician.
About the role
- Undertake analytical testing of water samples using a variety of methodologies including titration and Ion Chromatography.
- Test and demonstrate the safe use of prototype devices for the generation of disinfectants.
- Ability to demonstrate the use of these devices on trial environments (customer sites)
- Support running QC methods, water analysis on daily basis
- Ability and skills to train users with different backgrounds on how to use the devices safely
- Support Health and Safety COSHH assessments on the use of these devices in production environments
- Monitoring scale-up process (validation, sample preparation for external analysis)
- Optimise the generation of disinfectants using onsite generators
- Validation of SOP, round robins, creation of test workflows
- Performing laboratory tests to produce reliable and precise data to support scientific investigations
- Ensuring all Data is recorded promptly and accurately
- Ability to analyse data and write reports
- Support general lab duties such as reagent preparation, handling of chemical waste, etc.
- The position will suit someone with chemistry, biochemistry, microbiology or engineering background.
- Previous experience (three or more years) working within a Laboratory, manufacturing or engineering workshop environment
- Ability to prioritise workload to ensure that samples are processed to meet requirements
- Self-motivated with a high attention to detail and a methodical approach
- HND or higher e.g. Analytical Chemistry / Physics / Microbiology / Biology / Engineering
The position has scope to develop into a wider role within the company and will provide good opportunities to learn regulatory requirements for the food industry.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of Laboratory chemical testing and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Laboratory and Process Technician role, please contact Scott Williams at Jonathan Lee Recruitment PSC17