Job Title - Laboratory Assistant
Hourly rate - £13.53 ltd
Location - Reading
Industry - FMCG
An opportunity has arisen for a Laboratory Technician to work within a food laboratory base in Reading - you will be responsible for performing a range of routine activities to support effective completion of projects and meet the customer's contractual agreements, perform laboratory administration (responsibility for checking of LIMS data during project initiation, reagent and sample disposal and data archiving), general housekeeping activities, basic routine equipment calibration and work in accordance with the quality standards within the laboratory.
- Listening - Meticulous attention to detail and an ability to follow written instructions.
- Planning - Able to multi-task within a lab environment.
- Personal learning - demonstrates an eagerness to learn new techniques.
- Informing - Good written and communication skills.
- Peer Relationships - ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Problem solving - can see hidden problems, looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the fist answers.
In addition to the above you will have scientific understanding of basic laboratory equipment and previous experience in a scientific administrator role.
If you would like to know more about this role, please contact Sarah Gilbert at Jonathan Lee Recruitment.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.