Key Account Manager
£40,000 to £45,000
Car, bonus, pension, PHC, Life Assurance
Are you a Key Account or Business Development Manager from the steel fabrication sector? A strong people person that developments and nurtures accounts to their full potential? Do you aspire to be a Sales Director in the next 5 years? This could be the role for you…….
Our privately-owned client has been operating for more than 60years and although their products may have diversified during that time, the majority of the business is employee owned which allows them to take a long-term view when making strategic decisions on investments
Turnover in excess of £7m and employing over 120 people, they supply global OEM's and small SME's across multiple sectors including machine tooling, medical devices and nuclear applications.
A rare opportunity has arisen for a Key Account Manager to join this successful business reporting directly to the Managing Director. The successful candidate will manage the companies Key Accounts developing a long-term growth strategy, achieving objectives on turnover, growth and profitability in the steel fabrication arm of the business.
About the role
- Ensure that each account is always at its full potential, identifying sales signals and up selling the service you can provide adding value at every opportunity
- Support commercial, engineering and manufacturing functions on customer interfaces
- Champion the customer and drive response to any issues or queries
- Provide customer insights as to future plans and forecasts which will impact or present opportunity for the business
- Manage day to day commercial issues
- Work with the SMT's to develop and implement customer improvement plans
- 5 to 10 year's experience of working in B2B Sales low/medium volume manufacturing and assembly environment
- Proven experience of margin management
- Proven experience of management of £1m+ sales accounts
- Strong negotiation and commercial skills
- Computer literate with excel and ERP software
- An engineering degree would be an advantage
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of steel fabrication and you are an experienced Key Account Manager and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Key Account Manager role, please contact Scott Williams at Jonathan Lee Recruitment PSC17