- Sector: Manufacturing & Materials
- Function: Sales and business development
- Contact: Adam Woollams
- Contact Email: Adam.email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446114
- Expiry Date: 11 February 2022
- Job Ref: 60067
This role involves managing and servicing key accounts and existing UK distribution network. Following completion of the probationary period, this role will involve spending an average of 3 days a week on the road visiting new and existing distributors, quoting projects, producing marketing strategies, maintaining solid relationships.
You will work closely with the General Manager to ensure sales targets are met, provide distributors with an excellent standard of service, and grow and maintain this important area of the business.
The Account Manager will:
- Be an energetic & confident person who has a proven track record and has built an excellent client base.
- Be ambitious and lead the business to the next level. Maintain and grow existing client base and identify new distributors to maximise sales and exceed forecasts whilst also providing world class level of distributor support.
- Meet with clients, educate them on our products and develop trusted relationships, ensuring they do not turn to competitors through continuously proposing products and solutions that suit their market and individual needs.
- Drive sales through effective cross selling and promotion of our brands, working with our Marketing Manager to create effective promotional materials.
- Acquire a thorough understanding of all Kee Safety products available to our distributors and ensure a full understanding of competitor activity, strengths and weaknesses.
- Serve as a link of communication between key distributors, marketing and the internal administration team, responding to enquiries and resolving any issues and problems promptly.
- Quote projects to meet applicable safety standards and attend site visits where required to enhance distributor relationships.
- Play an integral part in generating new sales that will turn into long-lasting relationships.
- Prepare and present regular reports regarding sales and marketing activities and performance; ensure that all departmental administration, proposals and reports are completed in an efficient and timely manner.
- Perform other specific tasks as requested by the General Manager, Regional Divisional General Manager or other company Directors.
Education and Experience
- Previous experience in technical or construction related discipline an advantage along with a Technical "mindset".
- Should have extensive sales experience in a relevant marketplace, including management of Distributors and Agents. A minimum of 3 years proven successful previous senior level sales experience is required.
- Proven experience as a Key Account Manager.
- Experience in sales and providing solutions based on the needs of distributors.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with aptitude in building relationships with professionals of all organisational levels.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and negotiation skills.
- BSc/BA in business administration, sales or relevant field preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written as well as verbal).
- Proactive mindset to recognise direct and indirect opportunities for lead generation and sales.
- Must be personally driven to drive business opportunities forward.
- Self-motivated, individual contributor and team player.
- Working knowledge of MS Office (specifically Excel, Word and Outlook) and CRM tools.
- Able to learn & adapt in a growing environment.
- Full clean UK driving license
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.