£40k - 45k per year
about 1 year ago
Key Account Manager
Excellent salary package
Our client is a global leader and innovative new product developer within the Electrical & Electronic Manufacturing technology sector. They are sourcing a proactive and established key account manager to support the Midlands territory for both new and existing business.
Reporting directly to the UK Sales Director you will be able to demonstrate considerable knowledge within Mechanical handling, electronics, batteries, automotive and /or service engineering sectors. You will work closely with field engineers and support desks to deliver first class account management and self generate leads within your territory to maximise sales opportunities.
Candidates will ideally come from a similar industry background and be able to offer solution and service related pricing to all clients, you will have excellent communication skills at all levels and experienced in selling to CEO, Sales Director level for both SME and global organisations.
Reporting to the UK Sales Manager, the Area Sales Manager builds key customer relationships, identifies business opportunities, negotiates and maintains an extensive knowledge of current market trends to improve the Company’s market share.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- New Business Development - Identify potential customers and the decision makers within the organisation. Research and build relationships with new customers. Work with sales team to develop proposals that meet the requirements of the customer needs to reach a mutually agreeable product and service.
- Handle objections by clarifying agreements, resolving service issues and working through differences to a positive conclusion.
- Business Retention - Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships. Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
- Planning - Attend trade shows and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market trends. Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services and products. Identify opportunities for sales campaigns, services that will lead to an increase in sales. Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the Company’s unique selling point.
- Management - Submit weekly progress reports on account activity and ensure data is accurate.
- Professional business manager with proven record of developing and implementing business plans and goals, proactively working with a wide range of people.
- Effective development, training, and proposal skills
- An effective Communicator - oral and written
- Excellent negotiation and sales skills
- Superior interpersonal skills
- High-quality networking skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with a strong sales background ideally in electronic, battery or mechanical handling sectors.
In return for your experience, this global company will offer you:
- Excellent salary package with OTE
- Company Car, lap top, mobile phone
- Company Pension
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you
have knowledge of mechanical handling, service engineering within a sales focused role and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the role, please contact Julie Thomas at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446168.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.