Junior Interiors Engineer
A Junior Interiors Engineer to be based in Cranfield, Bedfordshire who will take responsibility for the development of automotive cockpit, console and interior plastic parts to meet cost, quality and delivery target.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
- Concept definition, layout & packaging, styling feedback.
- BOM management, cost management, component performance planning, component validation.
- Technical communication with project stakeholder, supplier and manufacturing.
- Performance, technology and cost benchmarking.
- Interior performance planning for future vehicle interiors, and colour, gloss & grain management.
Background and Experience
- Must have demonstrable experience working in an OEM or tier 1 supplier for interior plastic parts development.
- Proven ability to deliver vehicle cabin system (i.e. doors, dashboard, and seating) project on time, on budget and quality.
You will have expert knowledge of current & future interior parts, supplier performance and technologies.
You will: -
- Have demonstrable data analysis experience and the ability to co-relate performance to customer satisfaction,
- And co-relate cost to normalised cost drivers. You will have experience of interior planning, layout and component design. A proactive mind-set is a must, and you must be able to work in a cross-functional and data driven environment.
If you have any questions about the Junior Interiors Engineer role or would like to apply, please contact Tina Field at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889259
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role. To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship