Junior Design Engineer - Nottingham
We are looking for a Junior Design Engineer for an established Rail engineering company, who are leading expert in the design and manufacture of Switches and Crossings for the Rail Infrastructure Industry based in Nottingham.
This Junior Design Engineer position is an ideal opportunity for an entrant into engineering to be developed to be able efficiently engineer safe, accurate and complete manufacturing instructions and technical drawings. There will then be Personal development routes to enhance their Engineering career.
The Junior Design Engineer will:
Work to understand departmental systems and develop an ability to identify areas for improvement
- Produce renewal and export 1:50 layout drawings using CAD. Working with others to clarify requirements.
- Produce detailed manufacturing instructions (2D CAD drawings, work instructions and some NC information)
- Assist in the drafting of standard detail drawings
- Work to understand production routes
- Assist with the resolution of production related problems
- Assist in the implementation of new products
- Work to understand manufacturing costs and process times
Qualifications, Skills and Experience required.
- BTec level 3 / ONC in Mechanical Engineering
- Some CAD experience is preferable
- Good communication skills
- Salary negotiable dependent upon experience.
- Pension scheme.
If you are interested in this role, please forward your CV and contact details to Philip Delaloye at or for more details call 01384446192. - Rail01