Competitive salary and 9 day fortnight working pattern!
almost 2 years ago
Due to continued growth, we are now recruiting for a Junior Engineer on behalf of a world leader in Unattended Ground Sensors and Intelligence, Surveillance, Target Acquisition and Reconnaissance (ISTAR) systems. Our client provides essential capabilities into the defence, security and commercial sectors. You will be joining a small part of a large organisation and your input will be valued into the company- you will be a valued engineer rather than just a number in an organisation.
You will be working in Basingstoke area (1 hour from London)
- As part of the Engineering team, you will have the opportunity to work on a very wide range of exciting projects including optics, bespoke electronic system design and software integration.
- You will work a 9-day fortnight and therefore benefit from an exceptional holiday allowance.
- You will be working for a close team who will support you through your long-term career.
- You will be working in a stunning rural location (no traffic!)
Purpose of the role
As a junior engineer you will be working in close liaison with France and Sweden Engineering teams, supporting the design and development of products and capabilities for Optics and Chemical, Biological Radiation and Nuclear (CBRN) equipment. We aim to guide you to grow into the subject matter expert in optical solutions for international markets and become an expert on all other ISTAR systems.
- Have a good understanding, and provide engineering input on all our products, particularly in Optics and CBRN
- To be the engineering lead for Software, Hardware and System Solutions to meet the customer requirements
- Report directly to lead engineer and support where required
- To ensure all products have configuration management documentation suitable to the product line
- Maintain and/or create documentation required for manufacture ensuring all drawings are available for production items (and where they are missing create the drawings)
- Work closely with the senior engineering team in Implement Engineering Change Requests
- Participate in sales activities by providing engineering knowledge into marketing/bid/EOI and sales activities.
- Create engineering and technical reports for customers and audits as required
- Provide engineering and technical input into proposals and commercial activities including offsite meetings and potentially working in harsh outdoor environments
To be successful you must have the following:
- Degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. electronics, physics, maths)
- A positive attitude
- Willing to learn and progress within the company
- Excellent communication skills enabling you to express ideas fluently and professionally
- You will need to have 1-2 years’ experience in at least 2 of the following disciplines; Optics and Optical Systems development, CBRN Systems, Embedded Software development, digital circuit and board design, RF design and Antenna design.
- Be innovative and show initiative
- Driven to deliver great results
- Able to gain UK Security Clearance
- Full UK driving license
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a unique client on specialist projects. Please apply to discuss further and we will assist you in making the next step in your career.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.