Up to £25000 per annum
about 2 years ago
Due to continued growth this international medical product manufacturer is actively seeking a dynamic Junior Buyer.
This role will suit somebody who wishes to progress their career in purchasing to a full Buyer role with support and training from the management team.
Salary: Circa £25,000 plus benefits
Suitable for: Junior Buyer, Buyer, Purchasing Assistant
Reporting in to the Logistics Manager you will be supporting the team delivering key KPI's with a main focus on executing the NPI process (New Product Introduction.)
Main responsibilities will involve but not limited to:
- Work closely with other departmental members of the new part introduction team to support the flow of information and documentation through the NPI approval process, and when required aid in the selection of suppliers / parts that ensures the cost, delivery and quality expectations are delivered.
- Maintain relationships with internal customers in the business to aid in the continuous improvement of the quality and service provided by the department.
- Work closely with the suppliers in the supply chain promoting good working relationships through effective communication, with a view to maintain long term collaboration.
- Accurately update and maintain the relevant product and supplier data ensuring that a "right first time" culture is prioritised.
- Negotiation and implementation of supply contracts that protect the business strategy.
- With team support, drive best practice improvements within purchasing to include supplier development / management.
- 1+ year purchasing experience.
- Experience within a fast moving industry ideally manufacturing or distribution
- Experience with MRP/ERP systems.
- Working to targets and deadlines.
- Computer literacy - Intermediate level
- 5 GCSE's Grade A - C
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet Explorer.
This role offers an outstanding career development opportunity and the chance to join a well respected international manufacturing business.
Please apply as soon as possible to be considered for this exciting Junior Buyer role.