Project Engineer - Powertrain
£Competitive plus car & benefits
A Powertrain Project Engineer is required to support an OEM customer account and provide a point of contact for the OEM, programme and engineering teams. Candidates with a working knowledge of the automotive market and exhaust gas aftertreatment technologies would be well received.
Due to increased workloads this company, a Global Tier 2 Supplier based in Basildon, requires a proactive Project Engineer to work alongside the OEM teams to provide first-class technical solutions for exhaust gas aftertreatment systems and thus maintain and grow profitable business. As a Project Engineer you will be required to:
- Liaise with other tier suppliers to ensure the proposed solutions are effectively managed and include appropriate technologies
- Plan strategically and long term to ensure future business
- Be proactive in identifying creative solutions to open issues
- Develop credibility and rapport at all levels within the OEM to integrate company into customer R & D programs
- Work closely with the engineering group to develop appropriate solutions for the customer, analysis of technical data and prototype sample ordering
- Write and make presentations to the OEM and company's engineering groups
The Powertrain Project Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Degree qualified in an engineering subject, such as Mechanical, Chemical, Materials or similar, may suit a recent graduate with related internship or thesis
- Project management and engineering skills
- Flexible attitude with regard to European travel
- Customer focused and driven
- Committed and loyal
- Motivated and a self-starter
- Computer literate
- German language skills advantageous.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with powertrain experience to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Basildon based Tier 2 Supplier will offer you:
- Company Car
- Opportunity to develop into an Account Manager role
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have powertrain experience and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Powertrain Project Engineer role, please contact Paul Branton at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 455525.